Soul Ingredients®: Gospel Music
Based on extensive research, Soul Ingredients® is a teaching methodology I created for developing a singer/performer's musical style. This methodology shows students how to take their musical influences and models and execute the different components in a manner that is personal to the singer/performer’s own personal expression.
Soul Ingredients®: Gospel Music specifically delves in to the style of gospel music. From both a pedagogic (or teaching) and singers' perspective, it examines questions like:
- What are the voice training goals for a Gospel singer?
- Can I use the standard Classical-based vocal technique to sing gospel music?
- Do I even need vocal training to sing gospel music if I've been singing it all my life?
- What makes gospel music similar to other styles of African-American Music?
- What makes gospel music different from other styles of African-American Music
- What are the components of expression used in Gospel Music?
- What are some of the sub genres of gospel music?